Have you ever tried telephone answering services? In our experience they’re a real life-saver, giving us back big chunks of valuable time we’d otherwise have to spend fielding sales calls, cold calls and other random phone interruptions.
So why do we think call answering services are such a great idea?
About telephone answering services
A phone answering service answers incoming calls on behalf of your business. They can transfer suitable calls to you or an employee, get rid of unwanted sales calls for you or take messages in your absence. It’s very like having your own virtual receptionist, and a great deal cheaper than hiring someone yourself. The best services offer all this:
- Answer calls during office hours including cover for breaks, 5 days a week
- Provide an out of office service to cover weekends and night time
- Cover for bank holidays
- Call answering in your business’s name so customers and prospects experience seamless communications
- Transfer your calls to a specified landline or mobile number, according to your brief
- Send your messages to you by either SMS, email or fax
- Let you set up a call screening black list and white list
- Use your specific criteria for judging the importance of callers and calls
- Announce the caller discreetly first, so you can decline the call if you wish
- Let you choose an appropriate greeting for the people who call
- Store messages and calls in a caller database or CRM system
- Provide information about old calls
- Generate reports and graphs
How do call handling services work?
The best call handling systems provide you with a dedicated telephone number specifically for diverting, which you never use for any other purpose. You divert your calls to the number, someone else deals with them and only forwards those you actually want to receive. No more spending time trying to get sales people off the phone, fewer interruptions, less hassle, more free time.
You can choose to divert calls permanently or pick and choose the times when you’re always too busy. You can just divert calls when you’re already on the phone so people never encounter an off-putting engaged tone. You can divert calls when you’re out of the office, mornings only, afternoons only… it’s entirely up to you.
Diverted calls are re-routed to the call answering service, and because your company name appears on the operator’s screen, they know exactly how to answer. If you never want to answer the phone when you’re too busy again, or want to avoid sales calls for good and get your business life back, call handling services are hard to beat. The technology is more sophisticated than ever. And because it’s such a competitive market, prices are remarkably keen.
Whether you’re the planet’s busiest business owner or a one man band without the resources needed to keep calls under control, a good virtual receptionist, UK based or abroad, will change your working life profoundly.
Recommended telephone answering services
We provide an excellent but cheap telephone answering service, great value, wholly reliable and about as professional as it gets. Check out our call handling service brochure for full details.